Yates Nature’s Way Vegie Insect Spray is a fast acting broad spectrum insecticide based on natural, low toxic and organic ingredients. It controls by contact action.
How Yates Nature’s Way Vegie Insect Spray works.
Yates Nature’s Way Vegie Insect Spray is based on insecticidal soap, which is made from natural vegetable oils.
It is effective against soft bodied insects such as whitefly, aphids and mites and can be used on fruit, vegetables and ornamental plants.
It controls insects by disrupting their cuticle layer, which is a barrier that normally protects insects from damage and water loss.
Insecticidal soap works via contact action, so it is important to achieve good coverage of the insects themselves, including insects hiding underneath foliage.
Yates Nature’s Way Vegie Insect Spray is biodegradable, has no residual effect and has a low impact on most hard bodied beneficial insects such as ladybirds.
Yates Nature’s Way Vegie Insect Spray has now been BioGro Organic certified – look out for new organic labelling coming soon.
Yates Nature’s Way Vegie Insect Spray Active Ingedients.
Contains 250g/litre fatty acids (potassium salts) in the form of a ready to use solution.
How to use Yates Nature’s Way Vegie Insect Spray
- Shake well before use.
- Use 20mL per litre of water.
- Use diluted spray mixture within 24 hours.
- Apply at first appearance of pest.
- Check foliage regularly at 10 – 12 day intervals and repeat applications as required.
- To ensure good control, complete coverage of the pest is necessary.
- Spray both upper and lower leaf surfaces to runoff.
- Apply in the morning or early evening when temperatures are cooler.
- Do not spray when soil is dry and plants are suffering from moisture stress.
- Note: Use with caution on ferns and test sensitive, tender plants before widespread use.
- Withholding period: 24 hours.