Its Autumn, time to clean, repair and replace!
After this extreme Summer, it's now time to go and clean up that mess. The Guru is constantly surprised that when giving advice to some customers questions, that they have no regular maintenance or replacement system going on in their growing area. To attain the best results you need to keep it very clean and replace certain items regularly.
- Clean everything, floor, ceilings and walls. Then sterilize all the surfaces (walls, racks, tables, even your light reflectors) with at least a strong bleach solution.
- Replace your lamps. M.H and H.P.S lamps are effective for only 10 months to a year and C.M.H lamps need replacing every 6 months.
- Clean your inlet and outlet fans out of dirt and dust. If you are using cheaper fans with unsealed bearings, it is probably time to replace them.
- Replace your inlet and outlet air ducting to avoid sucking in the trapped dirt, dust or any viral infections from the last season.
- Have you checked your air filters? Carbon filters and intake filters have a limited life span of 1 to 3 years, depending on brand.
- Get the most out of your lighting setup by resurfacing your walls, roof and even the floor with either panda film, reflective mylar or diamond silver reflective mylar.
- Dead and dying plants, stalks and stems, picked leaf or mouldy flowers and used pots with your old growing medium do not belong in your growing area.